Saturday, August 19, 2017

The Wrestler

C                                           F
Have you ever seen a one trick pony in the field so happy and free
          C                                           G 
If you've ever seen a one trick pony then you've seen me
         C                                     F
Have you ever seen a three-legged dog making its way down the street
          C                                           G
If you've ever seen a three-legged dog then you've seen me

                 F              C
Then you've seen me, I come and stand at every door
                 F                       C
Then you've seen me, I always leave with less than I had before
                 F              C                  Am
Then you've seen me, when the blood, it hits the floor

G                         F                Am
Tell me, friend, can you ask for anything more
G               F                C
Tell me can you ask for anything more

Have you ever seen a scarecrow filled with nothing but dust and weeds
If you've ever seen that scarecrow then you've seen me
Have you ever seen a one-armed man punching at nothing but the breeze
If you've ever seen a one-armed man then you've seen me


Refrain Above
      F                                       C
These things that have comforted me, I drive away
      F                              C
This place that is my home I cannot stay
    F                                   C          Am
My only faith's in the broken bones and bruises I display
C                                               F
 Have you ever seen a one-legged man trying to dance his way free
           C                                                  c
C                   
 If you've ever seen that one-legged man then you've seen.....me.

Refrain





BRUCE SPRINGSTEEN:
THE WRESTLER
Studio version
Capo on 3rd fret

No comments:

Post a Comment